ClearCorrect is a method of straightening the teeth that involves wearing a set of clear plastic aligners for a certain period of time.
ClearCorrect clear aligners invisibly straighten your teeth over time using medical-grade plastic. These trays can be removed for eating and cleaning and make the orthodontic process more comfortable for patients because there are no wires, brackets, or elastics to worry about. Imagine being able to enjoy an apple without slicing it into small pieces or enjoying popcorn without it getting stuck in your brackets.
Using continuous pressure over a series of trays, you can see results faster and with less discomfort than traditional braces. Plus, no brackets and wires mean no sore spots on your cheeks, lips, and tongue.
After an initial visit and consultation with photos, x-rays, and 3D digital scans of your teeth, our doctors can determine if ClearCorrect aligners will work for you. After all the preliminary work is complete, you will receive a series of trays with specific instructions for wear – usually two to three weeks per tray.
Because they can be removed, ClearCorrect aligners require a strong commitment to consistent wear and are best suited for older, responsible teens and adults. Diligence wearing your clear aligners for the specified time will help ensure the results you want within a reasonable timeframe.
How long is the treatment period for ClearCorrect?
ClearCorrect treatment time can vary based on the severity of the dental issue being corrected and your dentist’s advice. Usually, treatment falls into three categories:
A six-month timeframe if minimal treatment is required, i.e., correctly minor alignment issues.
A 12-month treatment if the treatment is a little more extensive and will require more time to correct.
An unlimited timeframe where the patient is provided as many aligners and needed to fully correct the issue.
ClearCorrect vs Invisalign—what's different?
There are four main differences between ClearCorrect and Invisalign:
- ClearCorrect can be a less expensive option, but when looking at plan-to-plan comparisons the lowest cost ClearCorrect option is a six-month treatment only–so depending on the extent of the need, the price between the two is really comparable.
- The material between ClearCorrect and Invisalign are different. ClearCorrect tends to be a thinner and less visible option than Invisalign, but they could also break more easily.
- Since the two options are made from different materials, the comfort in the mouth will also vary person-to-person.
- ClearCorrect has been in the dentistry market about 10 years longer than Invisalign, if this is an advantage or not is up to you but longevity is a difference between the two products.
What are the advantages of ClearCorrect?
Most people are excellent candidates for ClearCorrect aligners. However, ClearCorrect may not be a suitable choice for extensive orthodontic cases involving significant movement. Some may also choose fixed braces because there are no trays to lose.
ClearCorrect is a great option for:
- Invisibly straightening your teeth
- Allow you to eat foods that are “off-limits” with traditional braces
- Making cleaning and brushing your teeth easy
Interested in ClearCorrect?
If you have any questions about ClearCorrect aligners or for a consultation—contact us today.